Wednesday 30 January 2013

Outfit of the Day OOTD + nail polish

Note: I took these photos myself, so I'm sorry if they're crappy. Also, I excluded accessories because I wore this to school, and I don't think wearing much accessories to school is practical (writing a lot, etc) and I have to wear an ID so yes. Let's get this thing started. ;)

 Blurry pics + no photo of full outfit. Can it get any worse? Anyways, this is pretty much the top and the bottom that I wore.

Yellow cardigan - thrift store
Plain white tank - July
High-waist floral skirt - online shop


large button details
cardi length *back view




The cardigan had long sleeves but I opted to fold it up in three-fourths length.


The skirt runs to about 2-3 inches above my knees so it's a comfortable length. And it's perfect for my school since they don't allow anything above 3 inches. What I like most about this skirt is its pattern. I love the color and the pattern makes it stand out. That's why even if my top is all plain, this outfit is not so boring.

For the shoes, I decided not to take a photo of mine since they're not quite "photo-ready" from the rain earlier today. So here are some photos that I found online that are similar to what I wore.

I decided to wear nude flats since going up four floors via stairs in school doesn't exactly spell friendly to your feet if you wear pumps. I wore something similar to the Steve Madden one above.

Plain nude flats - Steve Madden
Nude flats with pinky-beige cotton binding - moodbyme.comPeep toe Mary Jane flats - Bertie Mattia




If flats are so not you, pumps are the way to go. Personally, I would wear the Mary Jane ones so the already-plain-colored shoes would have a twist. Also, nude pumps/heels are a good investment for your wardrobe because they tend to make legs look longer and they match with just about anything.













Nude Patent Leather Platform Pumps - Miu Miu
Mary Jane Pumps - MyHotShoes.com



And now, before I forget, my nail polish color for the week.











This is called Goddess by Caronia.
This week, I went outside my comfort zone of regular nail polish. As you can see, this is a frosted color. I usually stay away from frosted nail polish because I think it wouldn't match my personality, but when I saw this, I was in love. The gorgeous shade of green had me buying it with no second thoughts.





I've had this nail polish for quite a while now but only put this on again yesterday. To achieve the color as seen in the bottle, 3-4 coats are needed. I don't know if it's the nail polish consistency or because I've had it for a while, that the color doesn't show as intended. For my nails, I had 5-6 coats because I wanted a deeper shade.



Okay, so that's it for my outfit and nail polish post for this week. Stay tuned for the next one! I'm not sure if I'll do a weekly outfit post, but I'll definitely do a weekly nail polish post since I change nail polish color once or twice a week. Also, watch out for my holiday gifts blog post this weekend. Enjoy the rest of the week, everyone! ;)

♥,
Demi Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment