Monday 1 April 2013

My Hair History (and failed hair plans)

Before we get to the actual post about my new hair cut, I decided that I'll share with you some plans I had for my hair, most of which did not really push through. Alrighty, let's get to it!


My whole life I had straight hair and you know how people always want it the other way around so naturally I wanted curly hair. In 2010, my mum got tired of me raving about curly hair that she finally gave in to my "requests".

the gorgeous Tricia Gosingtian
Originally, I wanted this kind of hair - straight, but curly at the bottom. However, the hairstylist said that my hair could not achieve this kind of look because I had thick hair and the curls would just be weighed down, so he told me to have curls staring from the head. And this was the result.

January 2010
Unfortunately this was the most decent close-up photo of my hair back then. Surprisingly I didn't have a lot. So anyway, my hair was curled from the roots, but just days (maybe 3?) after the treatment, you can see here that the top part already kind-of straightened itself out. Although you can still see most of the curls, after just a couple of weeks, most of them already loosened, leaving me with hair looking so frizzy. I thought this over after all the curls had gone, and I thought that it couldn't be the treatment that was used since I was sure that they used a pretty strong one. I also made sure I used a very wide-toothed comb and I seldom combed my hair even. Maybe it was because I used normal conditioner as opposed to using a volumizing one? Maybe my hair was too thick and more treatment had to be used? I really don't know. But given the chance to have my hair curled again, I'll surely invest in more appropriate hair products.

After growing out my curls, I focused on bangs. I've had bangs forever as a kid, the straight-across, blunt ones which my own mum cut. I eventually grew them out as I graduated from elementary school and wore them long (with the rest of my hair) since. Then at this time, I ventured into the idea of having them cut again. I learned that the cut that I used to have wasn't supposed to be right for my face shape as it made me look more Lego-like (square HAHA!), and so I decided on this.

Tricia G. again, the girl who ALWAYS has perfect hair, I tell you

Side bangs that were long enough to reach the eyebrows but short enough as to not make me blind. That was my next goal.

August 2010
Turned out quite alright. I believe I had this done in David's Salon.

It had to grow out, of course. I tried a salon near where I live (Jun Esma) and had it cut again. This is that they did.

December 2010
Reminded me of Pucca, so I put the rest of my hair up like that. Haha.

And then I defied the "no straight-across, blunt bangs for square face" rule and had it cut like that anyway. It was VERY blunt and very weird from the time it was cut, but it came out okay after two months. (David's Salon)

April 2011
After that, my bangs were left alone. The next time my hair was cut was on December 2011. (David's Salon)

24th of December, 2011
By the following year, well the next month that is, I remember wanting ombré hair. I wanted to dye my hair but not all of it, since I really like how black my hair is and I didn't want to destroy it (well at least not completely or all of it). First I planned on having blue on the tips of my hair, but then I saw this photo and I absolutely adored it! I loved the colors she had on here and I wanted pink, blue, green, purple on my hair as well.


Well hello surprise, this did not happen. And I'm furious about why they don't sell permanent or semi-permanent VIBRANT color hair dyes in the department stores where I'm from. I only always see varieties of black, brown, red, and some blonde. Why not sell pink and blue and green? Sigh.

Moving on.

I was into the whole "I want curly hair" phase again. After December of 2011, I didn't have any trims anymore. I was looking forward into growing my hair really long and maybe convincing my mum into having my hair curled again. Here were my inspirations.

Vanessa Hudgen's beachy waves

Obviously, this becomes the first of the failed plans.

Meanwhile, my hair continued growing and growing, and I began to lose hope that I was going to get that long curly hair that I wanted. I comforted myself with this photo, that maybe I could get my hair this gorgeous when I had it long enough. I even considered having it dyed to this color. Ash brown, I think.

Tricia G. with straightened hair
This is, however, about a series of unfortunate events, so of course I wasn't able to achieve this look. My hair was far too frizzy. I blame all that pollution from commuting everyday. I also was thinking twice about dying my hair.

Then I thought of cutting it again. Short, yes. Some inspirations I had:




But I worried about my face appearing too big if I had my hair too short blah. So maybe shoulder length and wispy bangs?


And then I had it! I was going to have shoulder-length curly hair!

Alexa Chung's messy wavy hair ♥

Keira Knightley ^_^

When I saw these Filipino bloggers rock the same look, I felt like it was a match made in heaven.

the kawaii Shai Lagarde

and yes, another Tricia G. photo.
This girl always gets it right.

I was all set, even to the point of researching about the type of curls that would suit my face shape. :D
These are what you call CUPID CURLS.

But then, guess what? .. YES! No curls happened. :(

I became discontented with my hair as 2012 came to a close.

October 2012
December 2012
To somehow relieve this "wanting to cut my hair so badly" feeling, I had my hair trimmed some 5 to 6 inches off on January of this year 2013 (you can read about that here), before I had my current hair cut. 

:)

I hope you enjoyed browsing through all those pictures and maybe gave you some inspiration as to what hairstyles to try next. I had fun making this post, even though it was quite heartbreaking thinking about those hairstyles I badly wanted to try. Well at least I'm happy with my hair now. Yay! ^_^
I promise I will quit stalling and my next post will already be about my current hair style. :D
So ciao for now!

xoxox,
demidawn ;*

2 comments:

  1. That girl is Tricia Gosingtian, NOT Camille Co.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idk what I was thinking back then. But yes, I am aware she is Tricia. Haha. Thanks! ;)

      Delete