Friday 26 April 2013

Eyeglasses > contacts

This Tuesday, one of the nose pads from my eyeglasses decided it wanted out of my life .. just kidding .. well, it broke. I was in the middle of class and suddenly I was practically blind. Luckily, it was already past ten in the morning when we got dismissed from that class so I immediately went to the mall to have it fixed. Luck run out so quickly because when I arrived at the optical store, the lady told me to go back in the afternoon because their technician wasn't available till then. I was soo upset because I only had an hour break from classes, which I spent going to the optical store, only to be turned down. I knew I couldn't go back to school without my glasses on, else I'd be squinting my eyes just to see everything and everyone, and I didn't want my one hour break to be put to waste, so I purchased a pair of clear contact lenses.

*image taken from Google
Reuniting with contact lenses again after many years was okay, but it was weird being without eyeglasses. I went to school and became busy the rest of the day that I forgot to go back to have my eyeglasses fixed. I came back to the optical store the next day but then ironically their technician was on break again and I had to wait for an hour. I was really tired so I just paid for it and decided to get it back the following day.

Anyhoo, FF to today. So I was really happy I got my specs back. But then, I decided it'd be my last day to wear contact lens (supposedly 4th day) since I'd be playing badminton with my friends. I put it on but then suddenly, my eyes felt itchy. I put in some eye drops, then it was okay. After a while, I realized it felt weird. I wondered if I had my contacts reversed, i.e. left on right eye, right on left eye. So I took them out and exchanged their places. It felt even weirder so I decided to exchange them again. This time, when I put one on my left eye, it itched. It itched so bad even eye drops couldn't relieve it. So I took it out and decided to stick with my glasses. I played badminton with my eyeglasses and they didn't fall off. Yay! ^_^

So anyway, I realized that I love my eyeglasses more than contact lenses. Before, I sort of wished that I wore contact lenses so that it wouldn't hide my eyes and that, if I wore eye makeup, it'd be noticeable. But as time passed, I learned to love my eyeglasses and I accepted the fact that I will be wearing eyeglasses for a very long time. I know that some people find wearing eyeglasses annoying, and I'll admit that I've had that phase for a while. However, wearing glasses doesn't have to be a hassle. There are plenty of frames that are available which will suit any face shape and preference. There are also many features available, such as polarized lenses and anti-fog, so eyeglasses-wearers don't have to worry about the sun, and those hot beverages or soups.

No comments:

Post a Comment