Saturday 26 October 2013

Getting New Frames (EO)

It was October of last year when I got my fabulous pink frames as an early Christmas gift from my mum.



Close to a year later, they gave out on me. You see, the end piece and the temple (right part) of my eyeglasses decided to part ways one morning. The screw in the hinge/s was intact. It was the little extension hinge (?) after the screw part that separated from the temple. (*unfortunately I wasn't able to take a photo of the damaged frames)

courtesy of readers.com

Is this even helpful? Lol

I went to EO to have it fixed, but unfortunately, they said that it couldn't be repaired since the little extension hinge couldn't be soldered to the temple. Soldering would melt the temple, which was made out of plastic.

I've always preferred plastic frames, but after this incident, I had second thoughts. So anyway, the good part is that it was still under warranty so I availed of it.

They asked for the warranty card and told me to write a complaint letter. They would then send the letter and the damaged frames to their main/head office in Manila to have it assessed. Eighteen days later, I received a text message and a call saying that my eyeglasses were ready for pick-up.

The next day, I went to pick it up and I was glad to know that I was able to get the warranty. They replaced my frames, but this time, they gave me a red one, since there were no more pink ones available.



Well, pink frames, it had been a good year. I enjoyed being all girly with you. But this time, these red frames call for fierceness. Haha. Okay, I'm starting to get sentimental.

I know they're just eyeglasses, but when you rely on them for dear life like I do, they're more than just that. I'm trying to get used to having such a strong-colored visual addition to my face, but I'm pretty sure I can rock these new red frames.

Thank you to Executive Optical - Ayala branch for being of such kind assistance to me, including when I had to purchase contact lenses whilst my eyeglasses were to be shipped off.

1 comment:

  1. EO eyeglasses shop is really helpful though. Hoping their good scustomer service will last a life time.

    ReplyDelete