Wednesday 1 May 2013

Nail Polisheses (Review: Bobbie and Caronia)

Disclaimers:
First, I don't own a whole lot of nail polish.
Second, I only have mostly Bobbie and Caronia (which I'm going to talk about here).
----------------------------------


Caronia
I like Caronia's range of colors because they offer such vibrant, bright colors that make me happy when I see them. The consistency of their nail polish is also thick so I need not worry about not getting the color I want or from what is seen in the bottle.
Most of all, I've been looking for the color Taupe from all over and I was super happy when I found it with Caronia. It's one of my all-time favorite nail polish colors and I never fail to wear it at least once a month. ^_^

Bobbie
I like the quality of Bobbie nail polish. I think that's the reason why their brushes don't get clumped up and mess the polish. It glides on easily during application and their bottles are really cute too.
I especially like their Italian Nude color because it is the right shade of pink that looks healthy and it doesn't look overly done. It is professional-looking and perfect for the office, where you don't want to be flashy with bright nail colors.
I have tried their Magnet-ficent Polish line but I found it to be such a hassle. The magnet does work but you need to stick it really close to your nails. It looked promising but I don't think I'll be trying it again.

Caronia vs. Bobbie - Touch of Beige
This is the only color that I have in both brands. I don't buy a similar color in both brands because I don't see the point. I prefer variety, yes. However, this one intrigued me because although they said the same color, they looked totally different.

*images taken from Google

Bobbie's has a weird color. So totally not beige. It has an inclination to green. And though it offers a nice finish and the color (whatever it is) is nice, I think Bobbie should change its name. It's misleading, you know.
Caronia's, on the other hand, is the closer color to beige. I think it has an inclination to orange (?). Caronia also carry the color Touch of Tan, which a similar color to this but darker. I prefer this one though. It's flattering to my skin tone. :) 
(*EDIT: This color that Bobbie has is actually on the Beige pantone. But I guess the beige we're used to is the one that Caronia has. Moving on..)

Other stuff
I hate using acetone when taking off my nail polish. I used to do this when I was younger because it was what everyone used. Later on, I realized it sucked the life out of my nails, so I permanently switched to nail polish remover. It took a while to find a good one, because the other were too mild I almost use half a bottle to remove nail polish from one hand. -_-


Anyway, what I use now is Caronia's Nail Polish Remover. It's definitely not as strong as acetone, but it does its job. And it does so without making your nails look dead! (thank goodness!) The smell is tolerable as well (not too strong). It comes in a violet color but it does not leave color stains on your nails, fingers, or clothes.
One of my recent purchases is the Caronia Nail Hardener and Base Coat. I've been using colorless/clear nail polish as base coat but I finally decided to have a proper base coat to protect my nails. The nail hardener part sold me, actually. :D


Unfortunately, I don't get access to a wide range of nail polish colors from the stores I go to. That's one reason why I don't have a lot. For example, Caronia also carries the color Italian Nude but I haven't seen it yet.

Also, some of my nail polish have kind of dried out in their bottles. They're not completely dry as in stiff-in-their-brushes dry, but they don't apply as smoothly as before anymore. I think this has something to do with storage and frequency of use. They probably haven't been stored properly in the store before I bought them (I have a decent place of storage for them), and/or maybe because they haven't been used much. I have had this problem since like forever and I've been trying to find a way to avoid or fix this. So if you know any solution, please feel free to comment below or to send me a message. 


I hope you found this post informative or at least enjoyed reading about these brands.

Share the nail polish love!

xoxo demi ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment