Saturday 11 May 2013

Review: Secret Smooth Effects Antiperspirant/Deodorant

I'm one of those who's had troubles with sweaty underarms and white deo stains on the shirt. I've tried various deodorants and of different forms, from solids, creams, roll-ons, sprays. Some were okay, but none was close to perfection as this.


I found this in the Savemore Supermarket in JCentre Mall about two months ago. I was looking for the ordinary Secret Invisible Solid deo, as it was my very first deodorant and I was getting disappointed with the Dove one I was using then. There was none, unfortunately, and this Secret Smooth Effects was the only one under the Secret brand there. Well secretly I decided to  give it a try because it was pink. Tsk tsk. Naughty, naughty me. But anyway, I'm glad I did because it's perfect!

Besides being pink, I bought it because I was intrigued with the "Conditioning Solid" and "Smooth Powder" part of the label. I know the "Shave Less Often" is more intriguing, but the ones in the store didn't have that tag on, so yeah. Moving on..

It is indeed of a different consistency than the other ones I've tried under the Secret brand. The Invisible Solid deo is, well, solid while the Invisible Gel/Platinum Protection is more wet or liquid-y. Secret Smooth Effects is just of the right consistency and it dries or is absorbed faster than the other deodorants do. Because of that, plus if you're extra careful, it leaves no white deo stain marks on your clothing. The scent is also not overpowering at all. I've only tried this one so I can't really say the same for the other scents. At 73 grams, it is quite small, but one or two clicks is enough for an underarm so it will be able to last for some time. As for the shaving less often, I guess it'll work for the less-hairy ladies? I can't say I've used it long enough to comment on this part. In Cebu, it's really hard to find this deodorant. I haven't found it elsewhere and I have yet to return to JCentre to see if it's still there. I heard they discontinued this product and that they renamed it Outlast & Olay, but until I see it again, I don't know for sure.

I most definitely recommend this product to everyone. I sure hope they didn't discontinue it, else I'll be going back to their Invisible Solid one.

No comments:

Post a Comment