Friday 17 May 2013

Almost Hold-up

Realized I'm still camera-shy so I'm going to write about it instead.

From Escario, I took a 14D to Ayala. It stopped at the jeepney terminal so I decided to ride a 62B/C instead of walking to where the 13C were. And besides, it was drizzling. So I lined up while waiting for a jeepney.

A while later, the jeepney arrived and we started filing in. There were two guys, one across (A) and one who was supposed to sit beside me (B). Luckily, I guess, the man who was already seated to my left (M) moved closer so B wasn't able to sit beside me. Instead, he was seated a person away to my left. Even before the jeepney left the terminal, B was acting all drowsy, leaning on his arm closing in on Mister M. Mister M immediately noticed something was creepy with the guy so when the jeepney started to go, he moved forward from his seat. This exposed me to B. I noticed A because he was trying to keep eye contact with B without being too noticeable. I wanted to go down from the jeep (BIR), but I was scared that maybe they'd go down as well and go after me instead. So I decided to go down somewhere with more light and more people. I picked Shell in Banilad. However, when the jeepney went up the flyover (before Shell, after BIR), traffic was kind of heavy and I just knew that I wouldn't be able to reach Shell. I hurriedly paid my fare just as A mini-nodded, signaling B to do whatever. Immediately, I stood up and went to the back of the jeep. The other passengers were worried because they thought I was out of my mind. They thought I was going to jump. They repeatedly told me to go back to my seat and to get off only after we were off the flyover. At that time, I didn't care what they or the people from the other vehicles thought. I didn't want to go back inside. I begged them not to let me go back inside and I promised I wasn't going to jump. Took a while to convince them, and I hoped there wasn't any accomplice at the back part of the jeep. So after the flyover, I went down and thankfully, the snatchers didn't follow. The other passengers were left wondering what on earth happened to me, but I do hope they felt something was up and I really wish they are safe. I was so scared, I wanted to be home immediately. I considered getting a cab but none was vacant. I rode a 13C instead and told the passengers there what happened to me. I don't normally chat with strangers but I was damn scared.

I got home safe, thank God.

Ever since I experienced a hold-up in a 13C jeepney seven months ago, I became more cautious. Some people would call me praning most times because I think I get too suspicious about things and people, but it's better to be safe than sorry.


Note:
These guys were ordinary-looking people. One was dressed in a normal t-shirt, one was in a jersey. They were, I think, in their late 20s. They weren't bringing any bag. B was bringing a face towel. They must've done drugs or something, but I swear they looked normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment